Top Thomas Edison quotes
Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman, who has been described as America’s greatest inventor.He was the man behind discoveries of :
- Motion Picture Camera
- Electric Light Bulb.
In this post , I am going to share with you top 25 Thomas Edison quotes on life and success.
1.I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work
2.Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
3.Five percent of the people think;
ten percent of the people think they think;
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think
4.Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration
5.The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense
6.When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this – you haven’t.
7.Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
8.I never did a day’s work in my life, it was all fun.
9.To do much clear thinking a person must arrange for regular periods of solitude when they can concentrate and indulge the imagination without distraction.
10.I find out what the world needs. Then I go ahead and try to invent it
The other top 15 Thomas Edison quotes on life and success are :
- There’s a way to do it better – find it
- I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.
- I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill
- A good intention, with a bad approach, often leads to a poor result
- I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration.
- Nature is truly wonderful. Only man is truly foul
- There is no expedient to which a man will not go to avoid the real labor of thinking
- If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.
- The trouble with our way of educating is that it does not give elasticity to the mind
- The most necessary task of civilization is to teach people how to think.
- The world is my country; to do good my religion.
- We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation
- Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits