Top 25 Dalai Lama quotes
The 14th Dalai Lama is the current Dalai Lama. Dalai Lamas are important monks of the Gelug school, the newest school of Tibetan Buddhism which is nominally headed by the Ganden Tripas.
Full name: Lhamo Dondrub
Born: 6 July 1935 (age 82), Taktser, China
In this article , I am going to share with you top 25 Dalai Lama quotes on life.
1.Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions
2.Love is the absence of judgment
3.If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito
4.My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness
5.Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive
6.Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck
7.If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion
8.We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves
9.If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding
10.Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.
The other 15 Dalai Lama quotes are following:
- The more you are motivated by Love,
The more Fearless & Free your action will be
- The way to change others’ minds is with affection, and not anger.
- Love and Compassion are the true religions to me. But to develop this, we do not need to believe in any religion
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace
- I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe
- If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them
- A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering
- Someone else’s action should not determine your response
- Anger is the ultimate destroyer of your own peace of mind
- If a problem can be solved it will be. If it can not be solved there is no use worrying about it
- If I am only happy for myself, many fewer chances for happiness. If I am happy when good things happen to other people, billions more chances to be happy.
- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new
- The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.
- Compassion naturally creates a positive atmosphere, and as a result you feel peaceful and content
- I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment.